Open or download full brochure here
- All Saints Church provides purpose-built facilities for community and private activities.
- The Hall (about 11.5 x 6m) is suitable for events involving up to approximately 60 people (depending on activity).
- There is a fully equipped Kitchen, with servery opening into the lobby.
- We also offer the Maynard Room, a smaller room situated off the lobby (about 4.5m x 3.5m) suitable for small meetings (up to 16 people).
- There is a limited number of parking spaces in our church carpark on Listmas Rd, but ample unrestricted street parking nearby.
- The facilities are accessible to those with mobility needs, through the front church gate. There are three toilets, one of which has disabled and baby changing facilities.
Hire Charges (2023)
Weekends up to 6pm £27.50 per hour
Weekends 6pm – 8pm £29.50 per hour
Weekends after 8pm By agreement with the PCC only
Maynard Room £25 per hour
Caretaking Charge: outside normal working hours
Up to 6pm £14.00
After 6pm £17.00
- The use of tables and chairs is included in the hire.
- All rubbish to be removed from the site.
- The premises must be left clean & tidy at the end of the session.
- Regular hirer rates are available on application.
- The hall is not available to hire on Tuesday or Thursday evenings
- The Church is not available for hire.
- The capacity suggested for the hall is an approximation and will depend on the activity planned. If you have not used the hall before, you are welcome to visit the premises to ensure that your requirements are met.
- The hire period is the time of entry until exit. Sufficient time for setting up and clearing away by the Hirer is to be allowed for within this time.
- Confirmation of booking is subject to a non-returnable payment of £20 and acceptance of the conditions of hire.
- The balance is payable at least two weeks prior to hire or at the time of booking if within two weeks of the event.
- A returnable deposit of £75 is also required against breakages, accidental damage or breach of terms and conditions.
Enquiries or bookings, please contact the Parish Administrator, Tracey Gurr
Office hours 9am – 1pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
St Paul with All Saints Church, Magpie Hall Road, Chatham ME4 5NE
Email: email@example.com Phone: 01634 566847
Terms and Conditions (summary) Full T&C’s will be given prior to hiring
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Paul with All Saints
- Application for hire and payment
- The Hirer must accept full responsibility to the PCC for payments and compliance with the conditions of hire, with the Parish Administrator being the single point of contact.
- The right is reserved to refuse any application for hiring or to cancel any hiring by giving one month’s notice in writing.
- Use of the facilities for certain types of entertainment e.g. music, performances, are subject to the statutory regulation issued by Medway Council which must be adhered to.
- The Hirer may be required to provide documentary evidence of a satisfactory child protection policy where the hire involves the supervision of children under 18. All children must be protected at all times, taking reasonable steps to prevent injury, loss or damage and ensuring all necessary Child Protection checks are in place.
- Conditions of Use
- Decorations, notices or fixtures may not be attached to the walls, ceiling or fabric by means of nails, screws, blue tack or Sellotape. No wax, chalk or other substance may be used on the floor without approval, in writing, from the Parish Administrator.
- The Hirer agrees to bear the cost of making good any damage caused to the building, or its equipment, appliances, cutlery or crockery arising in connection with the hiring.
- The Hirer may not sub-let or assign the benefit of any hiring of the facilities for any purpose without written agreement e.g. the hiring of tables.
- Alcohol may not under any circumstances be sold on the premises. Alcohol may otherwise be provided at functions, on application and agreed with the Hall Bookings Administrator.
- No smoking is permitted in the Hall, car park, entrance lobby, kitchen, toilets or anywhere within the boundary of St Paul with All Saints Church.
- Highly flammable substances must not be brought on site.
- All electrical appliances brought into the hall must be in good working order.
- The user is responsible for the proper conduct of everyone using the hall and noise must be kept to a reasonable level. The PCC or its authorised representative may stop any function which is not properly conducted.
- Preparation, setting up and clearing away
- Access to the premises will be arranged by the
- Use of the kitchen for food preparation and cooking is only permitted to persons qualified and familiar with the statutory food health and hygiene regulations, which must be observed.
- The Hirer is required to return furniture to the their storage areas, sweep floors and leave the hall, lobby and kitchen in a clean condition.
- All rubbish is to be removed from site – a charge for cleaning and the removal of rubbish may be made if necessary.
- Safety and Security
- At the start of the hire period, the Hirer will ensure that all doors, bolts, locks, etc. likely to be needed in an emergency operate freely and report any defects to the Caretaker. His number will be given on booking.
- It is essential that the Hirer understands the means of escape and ensures that a minimum of two alternative means of escape can be used at any point in the hired portion of the facility.
- All exits and emergency exits must be free from obstruction and available for use at all times.
- Children under 15 years old are not allowed in the kitchen at any time.
- A First Aid book is sited in a cupboard in the Kitchen along with relevant policies. You are strongly advised to use this to report any accident that may occur.
- Additional Information
- The hall is fully covered for any claims due to negligence on the PCC’s part. However, hirers must take out their own insurance to cover any other claims which may arise in relation to its use of the Hall.
- The PCC shall not be liable for personal injury, damage to, or loss of, any property brought onto the premises.
- Long-term hirers will be expected to provide their own Insurance.
- Compliance with the Church’s safeguarding policy for all hirers is essential. Please see T&Cs
Risk-Assessments and Child Protection Policies and the decision to agree the hiring arrangement will be made by the Parochial Church Council (PCC).